geraineon: (Default)
[personal profile] geraineon posting in [community profile] cnovels
This is your weekly read-in-progress post!

For spoilers:

<details><summary>insert summary</summary>Your spoilers goes here</details>

<b>Highlight for spoilers!*</b><span style="background-color: #FFFFFF; color: #FFFFFF">Your spoilers goes here.</span>*

I'm also curious if any of you have favourite love confessions/expressions of love that do not use the words, "love" or "like". This question came up in one of the discord servers I am in, and I thought it was fun to see people's responses!

Date: 2026-10-02 01:50 am (UTC)
halfcactus: an icon of a manga shiba inu (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfcactus
Without knowing what Flying Gulls is about, that sounds like a quote from a yandere-type twin brother!

Date: 2026-09-30 01:13 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
I'm so close to finishing the main story of QJJ, I can taste it.

I'm still mostly adoring it, though the part I read last night was the first emotional beat I think T97 just really failed to execute. This Shao Chengbi stuff felt too eleventh hour, instead of like a fully-integrated part of the plot, so nothing about it really hit to me. Still, she's overall executed so satisfyingly, I'm really excited for the end. I hope she sticks the landing. I've seen a couple spoilers because I flipped through to look at the art (I do this on purpose) and I've seen one thing I'm definitely gonna be sad about, I hope it's done well...

Date: 2026-10-02 12:38 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
tbh you're probably wrong lmao. There's art in the book of a certain someone banging a drum and surrounded by fire, that's what I was sad about at the time I wrote the post.

There is no in-book art of that other spoiler. I saw that because I was flipping ahead and just. needed to know. It is a not-insignificant part of why I'm now procrastinating finishing. It's idiotic, I know, despite all the times T97 made it extremely clear that there'd be no miracle cure, that I was still hoping for a miracle cure. I'm already making up reincarnation fix-its in my head.

(I don't feel like remembering/unscrolling this thread enough to figure out spoiler blocks so I'm trying to be vague enough to not need them while still getting the ideas across).

Date: 2026-10-02 12:41 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
oh I just realized I forgot love confession...

"I'll carry an umbrella for you for the rest of my life"

fuck you Meatbun.

Date: 2026-10-05 01:02 am (UTC)
halfcactus: an icon of a manga shiba inu (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfcactus
Oh yes, I really liked that one! THough not to the point of "fuck you Meatbun" (yet??????????)

Date: 2026-10-05 03:39 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
lmao omg where are you in 2ha?

Date: 2026-10-08 02:05 pm (UTC)
halfcactus: an icon of a manga shiba inu (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfcactus
I think around volume 7? I don't remember how many volumes there are supposed to be so I'm not sure how far along I am and if there are any more umbrella feelings haha

Date: 2026-10-08 02:06 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
oh yeah no you're not there yet.

there will be more umbrella feels.

Date: 2026-10-05 03:39 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
yeah probably me too. but still 😭😭😭

I finished the main story two days ago and the extras yesterday.

Date: 2026-10-08 01:51 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
Yeah I launched directly into the latest volume of Lout of Count's Family to come out in English (9). After that I'm debating between a few, but my next c-novel read will probably be Tailhook by La Rive Gauche.

Date: 2026-09-30 09:48 pm (UTC)
aurumcalendula: gold, blue, orange, and purple shapes on a black background (Default)
From: [personal profile] aurumcalendula
I caught up on Dragon Subjugation Incantation and To Embers We Return!

Date: 2026-10-01 03:50 pm (UTC)
larryhammer: floral print origami penguin, facing left (Default)
From: [personal profile] larryhammer
Mostly still Pokemon rom hacks (Pokemon Elysium rn, doing quests to level up before tackling the fourth gym) but did read a dozen-odd chapters of A Will Eternal before bed last night.
Edited Date: 2026-10-01 04:03 pm (UTC)

Date: 2026-10-02 02:38 pm (UTC)
larryhammer: floral print origami penguin, facing left (Default)
From: [personal profile] larryhammer
It could easily take more than a year. The question is when will my ADHD brain finally decide to move on.

Date: 2026-10-01 07:32 pm (UTC)
douqi: (Default)
From: [personal profile] douqi
Currently slogging through the first half of To Prolong Life which is Slow. So slow.

Going to take a break after this arc to probably read the first How to Train Your Dragon book (look I've never read it before and I got the rec from a cute girl I met at a screening of Teenage Sex and Death at Camp Miasma when we got to talking about favourite childhood books and I am not immune).

Date: 2026-10-02 01:43 am (UTC)
halfcactus: an icon of a manga shiba inu (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfcactus
Lmao I hope you meet that girl again! I'm also trying to be read more (Filipino) indie lit/comics so I can befriend a high school acquaintance who I think is Cool. Alas, our tastes are too different so I'm not sure this relationship will progress haha.

Date: 2026-10-08 07:27 pm (UTC)
douqi: (Default)
From: [personal profile] douqi
Well. We have made plans to go and see another queer movie next week, so. One of my gay friends has already started sending me ads for the local equivalent of U-Hauls.

Hope the befriending works out for you!

Date: 2026-10-08 07:28 pm (UTC)
douqi: (Default)
From: [personal profile] douqi
Haha thank you for enabling me! We did exchange numbers and have made plans to see another movie next week. And I've just finished the book so will definitely have a topic of conversation!

Date: 2026-10-02 01:41 am (UTC)
halfcactus: an icon of a manga shiba inu (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfcactus
Not a love/romantic confession (I can't think of one off the top the of my head), but I'm suddenly remembering a scene from a cdrama (I don't remember which): It's late at night and the rebellious tsundere son hangs out at the kitchen with all the noodle ingredients prepped. When his dad gets home from work, he (the son) pretends to be in the middle of making noodles for himself and faux-grumpily asks his dad if he wants a bowl too.

I'm currently not reading a cnovel (in fact, I'm quashing my thoughts of continuing the ones I started last year, ie. the Reset novel and one of the Ding Mo novels), but I'm trying to read more consistently on October! Which is hard because I'm also trying to finish a visual novel (Danganronpa 1, still), lol.

Also, RIP Chrysanthemum Garden, I hope the works are archived and the human translators can repost their works on other sites.

Date: 2026-10-05 01:12 am (UTC)
halfcactus: an icon of a manga shiba inu (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfcactus
I'm trying to make it a thing to read for 1 hour everyday (basically converting my doomscrolling/decision paralysis time to reading time). I also have 2 physical books on queue but I'm waiting until I finish my ebook queue to agonize over the difficulty of reading physical books (having to hold them, having to be cognizant of light sources, etc). XD

Date: 2026-10-08 02:06 pm (UTC)
halfcactus: an icon of a manga shiba inu (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfcactus
Wounded Little Gods by Eliza Victoria and The Blind Earthworm in the Labyrinth by Veeraporn Nitiprapha! Both SEAsian lit :)

Date: 2026-10-02 12:39 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
+1 RIP Chrysanthemum Garden, I saw the news yesterday, it's so sad.

Date: 2026-10-08 07:32 pm (UTC)
douqi: (Default)
From: [personal profile] douqi
It's late at night and the rebellious tsundere son hangs out at the kitchen with all the noodle ingredients prepped. When his dad gets home from work, he (the son) pretends to be in the middle of making noodles for himself and faux-grumpily asks his dad if he wants a bowl too.

I do really enjoy these modes of showing affection!

Date: 2026-10-04 02:09 pm (UTC)
lee_bella: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lee_bella
Finished Genius Mechanic. It was a good read, though the competition portion dragged on for a bit too long. The mecha battle scenes were hot-blooded and well written. The romance subplot is on the lighter side, but for this novel, it's just right.

As for favourite expressions of love, I tend to prefer something more direct and simple. The one below isn't a quote from any particular novel: "Come what may, I'll be by your side to the very end." And they keep their promise.

And since I've just finished Genius Mechanic...

"We are family."

"You always know where to find me."

"Let's go home together."

Also, whenever the MC calls his love interest by name through the intercom during a battle, the love interest would know intuitively what to do and vice versa. You can tell they trust each other and have each other's back no matter what happen. I like that a lot.

Date: 2026-10-05 01:06 am (UTC)
halfcactus: blonde webtoon character clutching her pearl necklace while her heart goes "BADUMP" (badump)
From: [personal profile] halfcactus
"Let's go home (together)" is one that never fails to pull my heartstrings (in any canon). I vaguely remember Silent Reading/Mo Du had a scene like that and I was just like "home ;__;"

Profile

cnovels: (Default)
Chinese Novels

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
4567 8 910
11121314 151617
18192021 222324
252627 28293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 29th, 2026 01:04 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios