geraineon: (Default)
[personal profile] geraineon posting in [community profile] cnovels
This is your weekly read-in-progress post!

For spoilers:

<details><summary>insert summary</summary>Your spoilers goes here</details>

<b>Highlight for spoilers!*</b><span style="background-color: #FFFFFF; color: #FFFFFF">Your spoilers goes here.</span>*

Date: 2026-09-24 12:54 pm (UTC)
aurumcalendula: gold, blue, orange, and purple shapes on a black background (Default)
From: [personal profile] aurumcalendula
I caught up on Begging the Heavens in Vain and To Embers We Return!

Date: 2026-09-24 01:06 pm (UTC)
lee_bella: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lee_bella
Still reading Genius Mechanic and still enjoying it. This is a long one. 2.6 million words and 400+ chapters! It's probably the longest danmei novel I've read.

Date: 2026-09-30 01:02 pm (UTC)
lee_bella: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lee_bella
I had roughly fifty chapters left (not counting the extra chapters) to go last week. I managed to finish the whole thing over the weekend.
Edited Date: 2026-09-30 01:05 pm (UTC)

Date: 2026-09-24 04:20 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
I'm still reading Ballad of Sword and Wine (QJJ) by Tang Jiuqing, and still loving it. I've got about 1.5 volumes (of 8 in English) left to go.

I also received and read a couple of the manhua that Rosmei is putting out - A Tale of Two Dragons and To Love a Liar. Both are only volume 1s, and they're both BL ofc. I liked both, especially To Love a Liar, which is about a naive rabbit god who falls in love with a man who becomes a sect leader, who later betrays and traps him. 200 years later, he breaks out of the trap and goes to seek revenge. He's accompanied by an echo that was trapped with him (the exact nature of this character isn't clear at all yet but I think it's an echo of the sect leader, probably the part who loved the rabbit god in return, but that's just a guess), and he's still just as naive, but in a way that's coming off as endearing instead of annoying. It's a xianxia setting.

A Tale of Two Dragons is a modern BL about, shock, two dragons, one of whom is way underpowered and trying to find an orb to power up with, the other of whom is clearly in love with the first as a result of a past meeting that, for some reason, the weak dragon doesn't remember.

I've got three more manhua from them that I'm hoping to read this week.

Date: 2026-09-30 01:09 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
I'm not quite done, but I'm close! I'm about a third of the way into vol. 8; I've got about 200 pages left in the main story. I'll babble in this week's post! :D

I thought the manhuas were pretty good! They were thinner than I'd expect but they were 200 pages each, which is pretty standard for manhua and manga volumes, and full color, and the printing looked good. The translations were pretty solid, I don't recall spotting any errors, and the two titles I've read so far, I think they chose good/interesting ones to license.

I've got three more now, too, that I'm hoping to read in the next week or two, I just have been stupid busy and it's made it hard to find time to read physical stuff, like, when I'm home and can read a physical book, I want to read QJJ lol.

Date: 2026-09-24 04:54 pm (UTC)
silverblade219: a wolf looking at reflection in a lake (Default)
From: [personal profile] silverblade219
Apparently there is a new MDZS extra? Or at least, one of the past extras got slightly expanded.

Date: 2026-09-25 02:19 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
my understanding was that she took an extra that was included in some edition or other and uploaded it to jjwxc? but idk I haven't looked into it more.

Date: 2026-09-25 02:35 pm (UTC)
silverblade219: a wolf looking at reflection in a lake (Default)
From: [personal profile] silverblade219
There is now a mention of wwx regaining a golden core, and a few extra passages, otherwise seems the same

Date: 2026-09-25 02:37 pm (UTC)
duckprintspress: (Default)
From: [personal profile] duckprintspress
oh, neat!

Date: 2026-09-24 05:52 pm (UTC)
larryhammer: floral print origami penguin, facing left (Default)
From: [personal profile] larryhammer
Still no c-novels, still playing Pokemon ROM hacks. (Dreamstone Mysteries is great, if anyone's looking for one.)

Date: 2026-10-01 09:21 pm (UTC)
larryhammer: floral print origami penguin, facing left (Default)
From: [personal profile] larryhammer
The story is engaging, and is not just ye standard get-8-badges adventure: the pokemon professor of your hometown has gone missing, and searching for her unravels a larger conspiracy that solving happens to flow alongside the gym progression. The leveling progression is not trivial but can be handled by a casual player, and the dex selection seems well-thought.

Profile

cnovels: (Default)
Chinese Novels

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
4567 8 910
11121314 151617
18192021 222324
252627 28293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 29th, 2026 01:04 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios